The Girl Scout Gold Award represents the highest achievement in Girl Scouting; it recognizes girls in grades 9 through 12 who demonstrate extraordinary leadership projects. Since 1916, girls have successfully answered the call to Go Gold, an act that indelibly marks them as accomplished members of their communities and the world.
Check out this brief presentation on the Gold Award to get started!
First, complete the pre-requisites
The requirements for applying to earn your Girl Scout Gold Award are simple. You must:
- Be in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade
- Be a registered Girl Scout
- Have completed two Senior or Ambassador Journeys OR have earned the Girl Scout Silver Award and completed one Senior or Ambassador Journey.
Next, take Gold Award Training
- This training is for girls, but leaders or parents may attend to observe.
- Check GS Adventures or Activities on ebiz for details on when training is scheduled in your area.
- For groups of 10 or more girls, additional training workshops can be scheduled for your group.
- Contact a Committee Staff Liaison to schedule training. (Requests for additional training dates must be submitted and approved with at least 1 month notice. All registrations and fees must be completed at least 14 days prior to the requested training.)
Interested in our SILVER award program? Click here to view our presentation to learn more.