- About us
- Girl Scouts Blog
Meet Jackie Wnuk
- County of Residence
- Volunteer Position
- 01/4119, 02/4046, SU Product Sales - Cookies, SU Product Sales-Fall, SU IGM
- How long have you been a volunteer?
- Were you a Girl Scout?
- If yes, how many years?
- How many generations of Girl Scouts are in your family?
- 3. My mother was a Girl Scout, myself, and now all three of my daughters
- How has the Girl Scout Movement impacted your life?
The Girl Scout movement has impacted my life by allowing me to channel my leadership, planning, and organizational skills. It has allowed me the opportunity to lean and grow as well through the many outdoor activities (camping, hiking, belaying, snowshoeing, etc), adult enrichment events (Discovery Conference), and just listening to the girls and their impressions.
- What does being a Girl Scout volunteer mean to you?
Volunteering with the girls means a great deal to me. I take my greatest pleasure in making them try things that may be beyond their comfort zone like horseback riding, ice skating, and wall climbing. Being able to give a girl the opportunity to experience something new and succeed in doing it is the greatest reward. Watching the girls grow from Daisies through to Cadettes and higher and becoming independent thinkers and achievers is amazing.
- Do you have a favorite Girl Scout word or phrase?
The phrase I use the most with my own daughters is part of the Girl Scout Law. Being responsible for what you say and do.
- What's your favorite Girl Scout cookie?