We can’t change the lives of girls without YOU!
These trainings provide extra support to help you make the Girl Scout experience safe and fun!
Before a leader starts changing the world, they need to:
- Complete the registration process
- View the GSUSA Welcome Video and complete the online knowledge check
- View the GSNENY Volunteer Orientation and complete the knowledge check
Upcoming Training Conferences:
- Outdoor Education Day – 5/7/2016 – Hidden Lake Camp
- Girl Scout University – Adirondack Community College – 11/5/2016
GSNENY offers First Aid and CPR certification in conjunction with Well Source Development. For more information, please visit http://www.wellsourcedevelopment.com/Community_Classes.html
Get most of the information you need without traveling to the property! Once a volunteer has rented of our properties, they will be sent a copy of the site orientation booklet for that property. Be sure to return the course completion form with your property rental application.
Completion of the course will allow a troop to:
- Use any GS properties for day use with outdoor cooking
- Go overnight lodge camping at any GS Property with outdoor activities
- Participate in Service Unit Encampments
You will learn:
- Health and Safety Procedures
- Outdoor cooking skills with recipes
- Fire Building
- Knot Tying
- Proper dress for the outdoors
Training Registration Links and Dates:
Completion of the course will allow a volunteer to take girls boating in canoes and kayaks.
This class is for new Encampment Directors. You will learn to plan, implement and evaluate your Service Unit Encampment.
For more information on GSNENY Property Rentals click HERE!
For when you want to take your Girls on a trip.