Girl Scout Volunteer Appreciation and Recognition
Everyone appreciates a special thank you for their volunteer efforts. As a Girl Scout volunteer, you are the lifeblood of the Girl Scout Movement. You give selflessly of your time and talents to help build girls of courage, confidence, and character.
As a Girl Scout volunteer, whether you serve directly or indirectly with girls, the service you give leaves a lasting impression on Girl Scouts and other adult volunteers. You certainly deserve to be recognized for your dedication and service and the Girl Scouts of Northeastern NY will do everything to show you how important you are to us.
We value ALL of our Girl Scout volunteers and we also recognize the valuable contributions they make in developing girl leaders. Everyone appreciates a special thank you for their volunteer efforts. We recognize that there are individuals who provide service to Girl Scouting that is “above and beyond” the expectations of their volunteer position.
Girl Scouts of the USA and Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York have a formal process for honoring Girl Scout adult members and service teams for their exemplary and outstanding service.
Each year, National Recognition Awards are presented in the spring and may be awarded at the Service Unit level, at a local level, and some may be presented at larger Appreciation Events.
- National Awards Overview
- Appreciation Pin
- Honor Pin
- Presidents Award
- Thanks Badge
- The Juliette Gordon Low World Friendship Medal
- Volunteer of Excellence
- Endorsement Letter Outline for Appreciation Pin
- Nomination Form for Appreciation Pin
- Endorsement Letter Outline for Honor Pin
- Nomination Form for Honor Pin
- Endorsement Letter Outline for Presidents Award
- Nomination Form for Presidents Award
- Endorsement Letter Outline for Thanks Badge
- Nomination Form for Thanks Badge
- Endorsement Letter Outline for The Juliette Gordon Low World Friendship Medal
- Nomination Form for The Juliette Gordon Low World Friendship Medal
- Endorsement Letter Outline for Volunteer of Excellence
- Nomination Form for Volunteer of Excellence
The Girl Scout volunteers who participate, encourage, and support the Girl Scout Movement are the very foundation of our organization. Appreciation and encouragement is expressed throughout the Council in ways that recognizes your dedication and contribution to the mission of Girl Scouting. Showing our appreciation is an every day commitment and Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York greatly appreciations our volunteers who help make Girl Scouting a reality.
We will not be hosting a large council wide event this year, but rather this year GSNENY is looking for new and innovative ways of appreciating our volunteers on a regular basis! Based on our Girl Scout volunteers’ feedback we wish to show recognition and appreciation in ways that will reach the volunteers in the communities where they live and work.
GSNENY is sincerely grateful to our volunteers for contributing to the success of girl scouting and for making a difference.