“I was brought up in Scouting. I love to give to the girls. I wish I had more money to give.”
A tax-deductible gift to the Annual Fund is the most fundamental way to invest in girls grades K-12 participating in Girl Scouts throughout the 15 counties served by Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York (GSNENY). Donors may direct gifts toward one of the following funding priorities during the fiscal year October 1 – September 30:
- Direct where the gift is needed most
- Direct the gift toward expanding leadership opportunities for girls thru PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT (i.e. programs around STEM, financial literacy, healthy living, environmental leadership, global citizenship, camp, travel, etc.)
- Direct the gift toward advancing Girl Scouting through MEMBERSHIP OUTREACH and VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT (i.e. scholarships for girls to afford participation in Girl Scouts, training & resources, technology enhancements, etc.)
- Direct the gift toward developing a national agenda for girls through knowledge, networks & ADVOCACY. (i.e. training, program development, etc.)
“All of these years I’ve had a great appreciation of scouting and of the wonderful lifelong impact it can have. All good wishes for your fine efforts in scouting!”
$1 – $249…………..BRONZE Level
$250 – $499………SILVER Level
$500 – $999………GOLD Level
Circle of Pearls Leadership Giving Society – honoring donors who have prioritized an investment in programs for girls
$1000 – $1911…………….DAISY Society
$1912 – $2499…………….1912 Society
$2500 – $3499……………PROMISE & LAW Society
$3500 – $4999……………TREFOIL Society
$5000 – $7500……………PATHWAYS Society
$7500+……………………….JULIETTE GORDON LOW Society
Pearl Legacy Society – honoring individuals who have included Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York in their estate plans.
For information on including Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York in your estate plans, please contact Nancy Spadaro Bielawa, Chief Development & Brand Marketing Officer, at 518.348.1413 x 412.
HOW TO MAKE A GIFT
There are several ways to make a cash gift to Girl Scouts of Northeastern NY. Please consider the gift options below.
Online giving: It takes just a few minutes to make a credit card gift of any amount via our safe and secure online giving site. Our streamlined site makes it easy to direct your gift or pledge payment to the priorities noted above and/or to dedicate your gift to a friend or loved one. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Donate Now
By U.S. mail: To send a check, please make your check payable to “Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York,” and mail to: Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York, 107 Hammond Lane, Suite 1, Plattsburgh, NY 12901
By phone: You can make your gift via credit card by calling our Plattsburgh office at 518.348.1413.
Gifts of securities: To make a gift of securities, please provide your broker with detailed instructions of the gift that you would like to make to Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York, including the name of the stock and the number of shares to be transferred from your account to the account for Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York at:
1. Electronic Stock & Bond Gifts: This is the best way to gift stock or bonds to the Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York.
SEI Private Trust Co.
DTC Participant # 2039
For Further Credit to: Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York Account #A178
Please have your financial institution send an e-mail to NBT Bank representative Teri Schuerlein notifying her of your stock or bond gift and the number of shares or value.
2. If An Actual Stock or Bond Certificate Is Gifted & In The Name Of The Donor:
- Please do not sign or complete any of the information on the back of the Stock or Bond certificate(s)
- The donor must execute and sign one Stock or Bond Assignment for each company that is being gifted (even if there is more than one certificate for each company). Signature requires a Signature Medallion guarantee which can be secured at a bank or trust company.
- Complete the form except please leave blank the last paragraph where you are asked to appoint attorney.
- Mail the Stock or Bond Assignment to NBT using the address below.
- In a separate envelope, send the certificate(s) to NBT using the address below.
3. If Stock Or Bond Is In The Name Of The Girl Scouts:
- A written corporate resolution authorizing the sale of the stock/bond must be prepared and signed by authorized personnel. The seal of the Girl Scouts should be attached to the resolution. The signature on the resolution must be different than the signature of the individual executing the Stock or Bond Assignment.
- An individual with the authority to sign on behalf of the Girl Scouts executes the Stock or Bond Assignment. The signor’s Signature Medallion must be guaranteed at a bank or trust company.
- Mail the completed resolution – except please leave blank the appointed attorney in the last paragraph – and the Stock or Bond Assignment to NBT at the address indicated below.
- In a separate envelope, send the stock(s) or bond(s) itself to NBT’s address below.
Mailing address: NBT Bank-Trust Division, 52 South Broad Street, Norwich, NY 13815 Attn: Alice French
Please include a note with your name and telephone number and identify that you are gifting the stock/bond to the Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York for deposit to account #A178.
Please call the Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York Processing Office at 518.348.1413 to let us know the name of the stock and the number of shares that you will be transferring to the Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York account at Fidelity. This information will help us to identify your gift and to provide you with proper gift acknowledgement on a timely basis.