With Girl Scouts, the world is yours! Girls, just like you, in neighborhoods near you, are traveling to London, India, or to the WAGGS World Centers. They’re whitewater rafting, or rock climbing, or in the treetops 30 feet above the ground on challenging high ropes course.
If you want to join in on the fun right away, click on the link below to register and pay the annual membership fee.
JOIN US ONLINE NOW (Click Here)
However, if you’re not quite sure what you want to do, fill out the online form to get more information.
Through Girl Scouts, girls discover the fun, friendship, and power of girls together. Whether you’re a girl in the United States or overseas who wants to be a Girl Scout, a college student working on a community service project, a parent ready for an outdoor adventure with your daughter’s troop, or an adult—female or male—looking to make a difference in a girl’s life, there’s something for you in Girl Scouts. The possibilities are endless! Find out more about the different types of membership below.
- Share the Girl Scout Promise and Law
- Follow safety guidelines
- Pay annual membership dues of $15.* Dues enable girls to enjoy every aspect of the Girl Scout program. Additional fees for individual events may apply.
Girl Scouts may also choose to purchase uniforms, insignia, and books to enhance their Girl Scouting experience.
* GSNENY strives to ensure that no girl is denied a Girl Scout experience due to financial need. For this reason, GSNENY has Girl Grants to which individual girls can apply for assistance in funding a Girl Scout experience. GSNENY has a limited amount of Girl Grant funds. Assistance is available for: annual GSUSA membership dues, uniforms, programs, and materials.
Are you interested in learning a sport, sampling the arts, preparing for a career, or rafting down a river? Do you dream of publishing stories online, traveling to exotic locales, or speaking on behalf of girls in Washington, D.C.? In Girl Scouting, you can do it all! Girls in grades K-12 can join as girl members. It’s never too late to join in the fun.
Many Ways to Be a Girl Scout
A girl can be a Girl Scout in many different ways. She can:
- Register individually and get regular updates by mail on council-wide events and opportunities.
- Sign up for Girl Scout Camp. GSNENY offers day and resident camping opportunities for girls.
- Join a Pathway. There are opportunities for travel, outdoor experiences including camping, series programs with robots, and much more!
- Join a troop/group with a group of girls and a couple of adults in your area.
Girls can join Girl Scouts at different grade levels:
- Girl Scout Daisy, grades K-1
- Girl Scout Brownie, grades 2-3
- Girl Scout Junior, grades 4-5
- Girl Scout Cadette, grades 6-8
- Girl Scout Senior, grades 9-10
- Girl Scout Ambassador, grades 11-12
Never been a Girl Scout? It’s not too late. Girl Scouts come in all age groups—you can make a difference in the lives of girls. Adults 18 years of age or older can join Girl Scouts to serve as a mentor or speak at a Girl Scout event, volunteer in a troop or group, offer services at the council level, or simply say “I believe in the Girl Scout mission and want to show my support by becoming a member.”
Membership is what you make it. Pitch in your expertise or build a skill you’ve always wanted to develop. Speak any foreign languages? Dabble in Web design? GSNENY needs your talent! You can spend an hour, a day, or more, depending on your schedule. We’re looking for members who believe in girls and volunteers who represent the diversity of the world we live in—women, men, young adults, senior citizens, people of all racial and ethnic backgrounds, and of course our treasured Girl Scout Alumnae.
Find out more about becoming a volunteer and discover the many ways you can help girls grow strong.
Joining Girl Scouts is simple. Please contact one of our Service Centers for more information.
Our lifetime members are a cherished part of our family. By making a commitment to Girl Scouts, you will be supporting the Lifetime Membership Endowment Fund, which is used to develop and extend Girl Scout membership to all girls. Lifetime membership as a Girl Scout adult is available to any individual who accepts the principles and beliefs of the Girl Scout Movement, pays the one-time lifetime membership cost, and is 18 years of age or older or is a high school graduate or the equivalent.
You will receive:
- A lifetime membership certificate signed by the Chair of the National Board of Directors
- A lifetime membership card
- Information on how you can purchase a lifetime membership pin
- A lifelong connection with a mission-focused, values-driven organization that helps girls develop as happy and resourceful citizens
The lifetime membership dues are $375.00 (25 times the annual dues). A special lifetime membership, at the reduced cost of $195.00 (13 times the annual dues), is offered to girls who are registered Girl Scouts 14-17 at the time of their high school graduation, provided they apply for lifetime membership before their current annual membership expires.
Becoming a lifetime member is easy. Here’s how:
- Download the Lifetime Membership Brochure and Registration Form (PDF)
- Return the completed form—along with your check, money order, or credit card information—to Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York, 8 Mountain View Avenue, Albany NY 12205 or to Girl Scouts of the USA, 420 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10018-2798
If you are registering at the reduced cost, please send your lifetime membership registration only to your council office and note your graduation month and year. Checks and money orders that are mailed to a local Girl Scout council should be payable directly to the council. Those mailed to Girl Scouts of the USA at the above address should be payable to GSUSA.
Individuals who wish to register as annual members (dues are $15.00 for the membership year) should contact GSNENY at the above noted address.