Between now and February 10th, GSNENY will be collecting and reviewing applications from girls and adults interested in becoming a National Delegate for the 2014 National Convention. National Delegates will have their travel, accommodations, convention fees, and most meals paid for by council for this convention!
This year’s convention will be held in Salt Lake City, Utah from October 16-19, 2014 and will be the 53rd convention. The selection criteria for choosing a Delegate will focus on these key strengths which include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic Thinking
- Experience in policy-influencing or policy making capacities
- Knowledge of Girl Scouting (local and national)
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Girl Scouts Movement
National Delegates are accountable for:
- Elect the National Board of Directors and National Board Development Committee.
- Amend the Constitution.
- Establish requirements for credentials.
- Act on proposals.
- Influence the strategic direction of the Movement by providing guidance to the National Board.
National Delegates will attend preparation sessions and webinars before heading off to the National Convention to vote on measures as a representative of our council. A National Delegate serves this position for three years.
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, click on the link below and apply now!