Online Registration Updates
We hope you are getting ready for another exciting year in Girl Scouts! You asked for improvements on the registration site, and we listened. Starting Tuesday (8/13), you will notice the following upgrades:
For Troop Leaders
- You will be able to see all activities, regardless of the registration method, for your entire troop or troops
- You will be able to see all troop orders placed online
- You will have an easy to use interface that will prompt you to update troop meeting information
- You can manage your whole family with a single login
- You can see all of your family’s activities, regardless of registration method
- You can see all orders placed online on behalf of your family
- You can manage membership renewals and new memberships for your whole family
- You’ll enjoy an improved search functionality
As a result of these updates, please expect the site to be down from 5:00 PM EDT on August 9th until 8:00 AM EDT on August 13th during the upgrade.
As part of the upgrade, all existing accounts (user names and passwords) will be deactivated. All adults will be required to create a New Online Account to gain access to the system following the upgrade. You can reuse your old user name and password when creating your new online account if you choose. With your new online account, you will be able to manage yourself, your family and/or troop(s) depending on your current participation status. For example, a troop leader who has a daughter participating in Girl Scouts will be able to manage both her family and troop(s) with a single login.
One person per family will be designated as a Family Manager. This role will be assigned by the system according to the first listed parent or guardian on the child’s account (aka Guardian 1) at the time of the upgrade. Only the Family Manager will be able to view and manage the accounts of children and adult family member(s) from his/her own login. The Family Manager designation can be changed by contacting the council.
Girls under the age of 18 must be managed by a Family Manager and will no longer be able to login under their own name. The adult listed second on the child’s account (aka Guardian 2) will become part of the family and can be managed by the Family Manager. The Guardian 2 is also able to activate and manage their own account if they wish. They will see the guardian relationship with their child, but will be unable to manage their child’s activities or memberships.
Troop leaders with an online account can manage their troop(s) and troop members online. No data will be lost during the upgrade and leaders will be able to manage their troop(s) and their own account as soon as they create their New Online Account.
How to Create a New Online Account (On and After 8/13)
Go to the Online Registration Site and click on the New Online Account button on the right hand side of the screen.
Enter the information as requested. This basic information will allow the system to search for your record and help check if you already exist in our database.
One of the following will apply:
- If the system finds you in the database you will see the following message: Congratulations! We found you in the online system. Please go to your email and follow the instructions to activate your online account. Please follow the instructions to complete your account activation.
- If you receive the following message: “We have found you in the system, but in order to continue please contact us.” please follow the instructions and contact the council. This message generally appears when there is no email address on record or if there is a potential but unconfirmed match.
- If the system does not find you in the database you will be prompted to provide additional information to create your profile.
We hope that these upgrades and improvements make your online experience that much easier and rewarding.
All of these upgrades will be available Tuesday, August 13th.